95% chance that you sleep among little critters… or are you the 5%?
The most comfortable place in your home is being tucked away in your bed during a cold winter night. Think about that place and realize that every week you lose liters of fluid due to respiration and shed millions of skin cells. Your sheets and cover are usually washed every 2-4 weeks, yet some duvets wait years to be properly cleaned.
In fact; did you know that 95% of all Dutch people sleep using a duvet that has never seen the inside of a washing machine or dry cleaner. You lose 0,25 to 2 liters of fluid due to respiration a night and a large part of it is absorbed by your mattress and duvet. This produces an ideal breeding ground for bacteria, mold and dust mites.
It is advisable to have your duvet be cleaned twice a year to get rid of mold, bacteria and dust mites. That way you sleep without worry in a clean and fresh bed.
Wash it yourself or the dry cleaners?
The largest problem with washing duvets is that most of the time they don’t fit in the washing machine or the dryer. When you wash your duvet by yourself there is a large risk that down will cluster together or that the wool shrinks and gets tangled in a way that damages the duvet. The dry cleaner has large washing machines and dryers that easily fit any size duvet. They also get a special kind of treatment that ensures they get cleaned thoroughly and that down retains their resilience and spring like properties.
So which group are you? If dobbi cleans your duvet, you know that you are part of the 5%!